As you well know, it's not possible to rearrange one area without needing to rearrange other areas. Once I rearranged the stuff on the little Hoosier, I had to rearrange the stuff on the big Hoosier, and on the kitchen shelves. I don't often take room views because I find the lighting tricky and I do things like think I've moved the ugly wastebasket out of view when in fact it is right in the middle of this photo. We're just going to pretend we don't see that and proceed into the kitchen.
Okay, now we're not leaving the kitchen but merely turning 45 degrees to look into the dining room at the big Hoosier. The canisters way up on top are not recent acquisitions but recent to the display because they were living in my garage for a few years. Some people really should not be allowed to own vintage.
Digressing just momentarily for the back story, here are two wooden boxes I've owned for quite some time but could never really quite figure out how to use since they had tops instead of bottoms. If I used them to hold things, the graphics would be upside down. Probably one of you would have thought of this right away, but it took until just this past weekend for me to realize that if I pried off the top and hammered it onto the bottom, all would be right-side-up with the world. Or at least the world of vintage advertising boxes that I own.
Imagine my happiness when the cream cheese box turned out to be exactly the right size for my only set of eight matching Swanky Swigs! I may have told you this story before, but I like telling it, so plug your ears if necessary: All of these Swigs (plus one or two more just like them) came from the same auction, but it was a poorly organized auction, and these glasses were scattered throughout the box lots, one glass per box. Fortunately they were dollar box lots, but I had to buy an awful lot of junk to get them all. Well worth it, however.
Salute to the Netherlands, part 2. This concludes our little tour of rearranged areas. For those of you wondering about what happened to the other box, it became part of a project that required multiple trips to the hardware store, a new drill bit and a Band-Aid. I'm not quite ready to talk about it yet.